Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Happy Birthday Sakura 2020!




Happy Birthday to our dearest Kinomoto Sakura (and a bunch of other CLAMP characters)! This is just a short post because I am still working on other things, but I didn't want to miss Sakura's birthday. I think I mentioned before that I don't like drawing Sakura with her staff because CLAMP draws plenty enough solo Sakura artwork with her staffs. That's also an excuse because I find staffs and swords a pain to draw. It's actually a part of a much bigger group fanart that I was working on for the 20th anniversary of New Trials last year that I have been sharing little snippets of. My favorite staff will always be the star staff but what is your favorite staff? The bird staff is probably the iconic and the dream staff from Clear Card a version I am never going to draw. There, I said it.

I know the entire world is going through tough times right now, and we need all the cheering up we can get at the moment. Some of you may be undergoing social distancing and prolonged quarantines at home, others may be essential workers out on the front lines, some of you may be in areas of the world less affected by the global pandemic. But I hope you are all maintaining a good balance of public awareness and following your local government policies while trying keeping good spirit because a global pandemic is overcome through collective effort. Stay safe, healthy and happy.

And in the meantime, I leave you with a song that inspired the New Trials Sakura's Birthday Special "Pink Ribbon Trees" from so many years ago.

Today's music spotlight is an oldie, Dawn's "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree." Sometimes I miss days when lyrics so effectively told a touching story as opposed to repetitive hooks and catchy phrases that are meaningless (which are addictive nonetheless). There is a reason why you always end up going back to classics at times.



2 comments:

  1. Oh hands down the Star staff is my favourite. The Sakura Card arc is my favourite part of CCS. Syaoran realizing his feelings for Sakura and blushing every two seconds is beyond adorable.

    The first time I heard Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree was during my 17th birthday party when we were playing with my friend's karaoke machine that had songs from the 80s and 90s. Other songs that I remember from that day were Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head and Everything I Do, I Do For You. Ah, those were the golden ages. I never got into new music past the 2000s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star staff is my favorite. I know that Sakura needed to have a new staff to accompany her new cards, but the dream staff seems like it's too much. I wouldn't draw it either LOL

    Lemme go reread the birthday special.

    ReplyDelete