Sunday, April 12, 2015

New domain name: wishluv.com



wishluv.com

 So, the big news is that I have now a new domain name wishluv.com--yes the day has finally come after over a dozen years or so at wishluv.revolutionhosting.net. Much thanks to Robert Arrowsmith of www.internetwebserves.net for the very smooth transition. Please remember to update your bookmarks! You will be directed to wishluv.com from my old address for the time being, I believe, but I'm not sure for how long.

I have been putting off a move for as long as possible, but it has become inevitable, especially because Robert is considering selling the revolutionhosting.net domain name. And I asked over at Yahoo Group and on this blog, and you guys agreed to stick with "wishluv" as the domain name, and I did. It's easier to type than "newtrialsofccs," for example. I know there must be some broken or outdated links here and there, so please do feel free to point them out to me, and I will eventually get around to fixing them. As you know, my main priority is New Trials and making sure all the chapter links are working.

And Chapter 70 and 71 have been updated on my website for the past couple days, as well, for those who prefer to read it on my website without the funky ff.net styling. Finally, I feel like I have completed Chapter 71. I've been happily writing Chapter 72.5 over the weekend, after finding closure to Chapter 71. Yes, why am I writing 72.5 before writing 72, I wonder. Are there any other writers who write backwards? I've been doing that over the past several chapters.

For a brief history of my website, or of the fanfiction New Trials of Card Captor Sakura, for some newer readers, I completed the first chapter in the fall of 1999, and over the next couple months submitted the first four chapters plus prelude up to some popular Card Captor Sakura fanfic websites of the day. Truthfully, I'm not sure what they were anymore, and doubt they are still online. In 2000, I grew impatient with simply submitting my chapters to fanfiction websites and wanted to have control over when and how I got to publish my chapters online. Back then, a website host called Geocities existed, and I made my first website ever at www.geocities.com/wishluv. If you ever want to know the origin story of how the username "wishluv" came about, it's because I tried a bunch of normal names at Geocities, and they were all taken up, and I finally stumbled on one that wasn't taken. And I was 13; I didn't know any better. I didn't think I would still be using it a decade and a half later. I got my website listed on anipike.com, the anime and manga catalog website of the day, and from there, New Trials grew.

Geocities, as you recall, was a pain, with limited bandwidth and ads. In 2003, Bilal from revolutionhosting.net offered me free hosting, and thus, wishluv.revolutionhosting.net was born. Till this day, I sort of wonder who Bilal is, if he ever read New Trials, how he found me in the first place. Yes, that is the sort of professional relationship we had. I made the transition from Geocities in August 2003, and it was a wise move because Geocities shut down completely in 2009; till then, I had been keeping my old address as a backup.

In 2010, to my dismay, revolutionhosting.net suddenly shut down, and I lost contact with Bilal. Till this day, he remains a mystery person to me, but I am always grateful to him for finding me and giving New Trials a home. And luckily, I was able to get in touch with Robert Arrowsmith who was originally a part of the revolutionhosting.net team, so he then continued to provide me free hosting and been very helpful in transferring all my files over to robswebsite.com, now http://internetwebservers.net/ with minimum hassle. And I've bugged him with a lot of emails over the past couple years, so I am very grateful.

And to keep amused till Chapter 72, go ahead and read a snippet of Amethyst Beloved's "The Forbidden Trials of Small Wolf & the Nefarious Thief of the Night up at fanfiction.net

P.S. I've FINALLY caught up with correspondence. I didn't realize how much I follow routine, but I really couldn't feel like I finished Chapter 71 until I had posted it up properly on my website. If you have emailed me in the past several months and have not received a response yet, please do shoot me another one at hopeluvpeace@hotmail.com. Sometimes Hotmail filters mail into the junk mail box. Emails always are the most personable, though SNS is more convenient. I love the feeling of being caught up. Before I rear off course again as I get lost into Chapter 72.

Music Spotlight:

Ikimono-Gakari's "Sakura"




An anthem to spring. I've been enjoying cherry blossom season, and also listened to the song quite frequently when writing Chapter 71: The Alliance of the Stars. Go check out the chapter on mywebsite if you haven't already!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! Your site sure has come a long long way, I think I remember the site from its Geocities days too XDD

    And I love Ikimono-gakari!! Can you believe it that the female singer, Kiyoe is 31 this year?? She looks like she's in her 20s XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and during Goose house's most recent live stream, they did a cover for another song also titled "Sakura" by Kawaguchi Kyogo (2003-song!) https://youtu.be/cSBSyoTyli0 (the members from left to right in this are Kei, Migiwa and Wasshu)~enjoy~~

      Delete
    2. Yay, I will go check it out! I'm always looking for new Sakura songs. A talented Korean singer, Ailee, did an English cover of that song as well recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKEln8GOuk And yay for vampire blood. Actually, I never appreciated looking young for my aged, but as I grow older. i am flattered to still be taken for a high schooler sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the domain change. This truly is a significant moment in New Trials history. I was around for the geocities days! How time flies. I think it's amazing that you have total control. Let's hope it's found its final home. It's so refreshing to have everything back in order. It warms my heart to see the link to my Fan Projects site. I have neglected it for a bit, but now everything is back on track.

    Thanks for plugging my Syaoran/Kai snippet! So glad that you enjoyed it.

    Well, there's one link that's been broken since day one that you can now at least upload as a WIP: You Came and Rescued Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will there be Any 5th Arc?????

    Seriously waiting die hardly!!!!

    P.S: Up until now... Syaoran has not Confessed his love to Sakura!! And I believe widout this.. the Story will be incomplete... !!!

    SOOO...Wish-chan
    lukin fwd to youuuu ^ ^ :D

    ReplyDelete