Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Happy Birthday Li Syaoran 2020!




Happy Birthday to Li Syaoran 2020! I realized as I was drawing this why I never draw SS in battle costumes with their wand and sword and also why I avoid group pictures.

Maybe the pandemic is a time to tap into my inner creativity, as many people seem to be doing, but I feel like the past couple months have been more of a period in which all creativity has been sapped dry. I think Syaoran's birthday is always a good period to jolt me back on track. I haven't really been feeling much inspiration in work, in my personal writing, or even my hobbies, nor can I name a single good drama or movie I've seen recently. I don't even listen to much music anymore. I have been reading a lot however lately, and I find it cyclical. Reading then finding inspiration again to create.

Hope you are all staying healthy and sound.

Music Spotlight:

Mongol800: "Chiisana Koi No Uta (Song of a Small Love)"



This is a cute cover version though I prefer the original version because of how raw it is. The song was an insert in one of my favorite J-dorama from 2007 "Proposal Daisakusen" back in days I was obsessed with Yamapi. The song lyrics are so sweet and uplifting.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking in with us, Wish-chan. I've seen many reminders over the last few months that quarantine does not mean that we now have the time to churn out our greatest work as of date. It's the new normal that we thought would go away months ago (I totally subscribed to 'April distancing brings May existing') and the only thing that we can do is put our own mental health first.

    The community isn't going anywhere. You have us until the epilogue and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree this is the new normal, and that life goes on and humans are resilient and adaptable. We're also going through a certain moment in history. The NT community has been a great solace to me, and I've been thinking of everyone actually quite frequently through this pandemic because I am well aware how international we all our. I think it pains my heart because when I just live daily life, I can almost pretend that things are normal, work being as busy as ever, albeit with mask-wearing and social distancing efforts (I was already a germaphobe anyway), but looking outward globally and seeing that things aren't really going away is a bit disheartening. Thanks always for your encouraging words, Amethyst, and hope things are going okay on your end!

      Delete
  2. Hey Wish~ (つ≧▽≦)つ I can't say I've felt any different than you have. I went two months without watching any television and got up with the intent of catching up on Netflix and shows I'd recorded, only to get disinterested/annoyed a few minutes in, turn the TV off, and go back to reading. Reading is a respite and a comfortable way to recharge the creative juices. It's always better to preserve your mental health and be focused when you feel is right.

    Hope you're doing well otherwise and glad to see the check-in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree that reading is a respite, a means of getting in touch with my essence. Kind of like stripping away all the excess and getting in touch with my core. Sounds like a beauty regiment (which I actually do follow as well for skincare--weeding out excess products and sticking to bare essentials). I've actually been feeling a bit more creative since Syaoran's birthday post as well. Hope you are otherwise doing well as well.

      Delete