Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

On New Year's Eve, I was at a dinner party with a fortunetelling decor, and each table was laid out with Tarot Cards. I was amused to find the Tarot Cards on my table to be: Sacrifice, Heartache & Loss, Patience and Transformation. Talk about no such thing as coincidence. I'm personally not a very superstitious person, but how can there be a more in-the-face reminder to go finish up New Trials Chapter 67 when the Tarot Card decorations on my dinner table is pretty much spelling out the current chapter's title and themes? Speaking of which, I am in editing process now for the chapter. It's the longest chapter in Arc 4, I think. I couldn't resist taking a photo of the Tarot Cards with a chuckle to myself.

It's 1/1/11! Somehow, time seems to fly by. Happy New Year 2011 and thank you so much for reading my blog and supporting the New Trials of Sakura. I will continue to try my hardest to bring you the best quality chapters!

Song of the day is Ingrid Michaelson's "Parachute," original version of X-Factor's Cheryl Cole's "Parachute." I like both versions, but this one probably is less known. When I write, I usually divide up my playlist into three sections: instrumental (when I can't have lyrics as distractions), mood-setters (songs that get me into the emotion or mood of what I want to write) and contemporary (what ever song is "in" at the moment, songs with good beats. I've been listening to "Parachute" a lot lately since it has a catchy beat, and I do love the imagery of the lyrics as well. Besides, I didn't think I can start off the New Year with an angsty or melancholy song. The tango choreography in Chery Cole's PV is well worth checking out as well, though I admit I'm biased since I've liked Derek Hough since Dancing With the Stars.   


11 comments:

  1. I don't believe in tarot cards one bit, but this was amusing - though I also find it a bit intimidating that these are all the chapters themes - what is about to happen in this story? O_O
    I'm not sure if you have seen, Wish-chan, but I made pdfs of all the chapters, and was able to do an exact word count of how long each arc is. I think the previous chapter (66) was actually the longest chapter ever in NT - so probably the next one will be the new longest.
    Ah, tomorrow is the last day of winter vacation >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new Year!!!The tarot cards seems a bit freaky.Anyways, I was talking to my friend and she said there might be an extra chapter in xxxholic/tsubasa where Watanuki helps get Syaoran back to Clow Kingdom after about 500+ days of traveling. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well I hope Syaoran and Sakura get back together both in Tsubasa and The new trials=D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sacrifice, Heartache & Loss, Patience and Transformation? O.O That's almost...disturbing. Sacrifice- one of the two main characters will sacrifice something, I'm guessing, Heartache & loss-...something along the lines of one of them leaves (better not be Syaoran *strangles*) Patience- pretty obvious, and Transformation... Sakura turns into the angel of hope or something? *ponders* But anyway, that's all I can discern from that clue- I've been working my way through the clues in the story =D And it's actually pretty hard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if the themes (sacrifice, heartache & loss, patience, and transformation) actually refer to things that have already happened. Like maybe it will dwell on Syaoran's sacrifice of his magic, Sakura's heartache over her breakup, and how they both struggle with that, but in the end it transforms them into stronger people? *gulp* I can only handle so much angst...so these themes don't really help that. But at the same time, I'm looking forward to this chapter Wish-chan. So don't feel rushed. We've waited this long. We can wait however long it takes you to finish. :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice video! Here's an old song by Rain; it has some funky dancing in it to the tune of a tango.

    The English version is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchPQrM8rwI

    And the Japanese version is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGnY3Jt-V8&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wish-chan! I'm a portuguese 19-year-old Literature student from Portugal. Since I'm 13, I've been a great fan of CCS, and one of my biggest fan-frustrations has always been the inconclusiveness of Sakura's and Syaoran's relationship in the anime. However, only recently (after watching some episodes again a few months ago) have I came up with the idea of googling CCS fanfiction that continued the storyline: and I found New Trials.

    It's been, no doubt, really entertaining (and rather addicting) to read your story. It almost feels like it's not even a fanfiction, because it captures the essence of the mood, storyline and characters so well. Congratulations on that! It's amazing how you can accomplish such a thing, and it's only natural that New Trials has such a large, adoring fanbase. I finished your latest chapter last week, and can't wait for the next one. So, be strong and persistent Wish-chan! I know how much effort creating a story can take, and writers need all the support they can get.

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi wish-chan! try plurking! it's just like twitter but better! haha. @_@ there you can give us any updates about you or just anything you wanna say.
    here's the link if you wanna try it. just for fun ^_^ BTW, i can't wait for the next chapter to be out. XD take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, i forgot to add the link.. here it is > http://www.plurk.com

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haaha, I wanted to comment on here the first time I seen it, but I never knew what to type. ^.^; Well anyways Tarot Cards are kinda cool if people aren't superstitious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha, well, I think any tarot card can relate to the story, considering how amazingly intricate & long and eventful it is. :)

    I can't wait for the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete