Saturday, September 1, 2018

Update: Chapter 73.5: The Hong Kong Encounter A Side Completed Version is up! Happy International New Trials Day 2018!

It doesn't seem like a very big update, but, New Trials Chapter 73.5: The Hong Kong Encounter -- A Side: A Birthday to Remember, the complete version is up on fanfiction.net! I added it into the previous version, so it might be confusing to find where you left off, so I recommend CTRL+F "July 13 evening" to get straight to the new part! 

When I was writing this special chapter, it was envisioned as a movie, were New Trials an anime, and I realized it's pretty long for a special, but that's becauymose, it's not really a side story per say, but envisioned as a feature film. I had been preparing more, including artwork, (and Chapter 73.5 Side B) but with work emergency situations, I didn't get as far as I intended. But I noticed on ff.net word count that New Trials is getting very close to the 2 million mark. I'm pretty sure it might pass it with the next chapter posts. It probably has passed the mark already, if you count the Kaitou Magician Origins and Legacy of the Five Force side stories. Not that length is what matters, but it will be a landmark, nonetheless, because our readers have read over 2 million words of this story! 

This one is in dedication to all the fans of New Trials and Card Captor Sakura, for celebrating the 19th year of this humble fanfiction. Happy International New Trials Day. And let's make next year, the 20th anniversary a big one! Thank your for sticking by this story for all these years and much love to you all! 

Music Spotlight:  

Akeboshi - "Haikyo no Sofa"




I feel like I haven't done a music spotlight in a long time. I've hit another one of those stumps where I've been trying to find fresh music to listen to when writing. I had to go back and dig out a lot of old music I loved as well. I've mentioned multiple times how much I love Akeboshi over the years and included "Akikaze no Uta" in the New Trials OST before. He is one of the rare artists that I own all the discography for. He's probably most famous for his Naruto endings, "Wind" and "Yellow Moon," the best songs in the franchise in my opinion. His songs has been on the NT playlist on repeat for numerous years, since the first album, because his music always puts me into a particular mood. I love both Naruto endings to pieces, but really, I love his whole albums to listen to--you know there are a lot of artists who only their singles are good, but I can listen to all of his discography on repeat over and over again without getting sick of it after all these years. I love the way he blends Japanese and English lyrics as well because he studied music in Liverpool, and I love the Celtic influence in his music as well. The best of "Haokyo no Sofa" is when he transitions seamlessly to Japanese lyrics.

If I had to choose, his first album, the eponymous "Akeboshi," will always remain my first album, but it's really hard to pick.  


Akeboshi - "Green Eyes"



This one may not be my favorite song by Akeboshi--simply because he has too many great songs, but I think the title is self-explanatory.


6 comments:

  1. Happy New Trials Day! Thanks for the update! I can't wait to dive in. I'm itching to see the artwork but I'm glad that I get to read the words before I see the accompanied fanart so I can imagine everything myself with no spoilers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy NT Day!! Thank you for all these years of NT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The completion of the new version was welcome for everyone. The story has become close to all fans due to the embodiment of the original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I just found this. Shucked and glad to see the completed chapter has been put up. Happy belated New Trials Day! To next year being the biggest yet!!! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So~ Not sure why it took me months to read the second segment of Part A. LOL I do not want the fluff and sweetness to end. I just want to go back to the reality and possibilities the restaurant presented. So peaceful and domestic and amicable. As adorable and fun as this chapter was, there was so much foreboding that I am dreading the final arc. Wutai and that pinky promise Syaoran especially... I keep feeling as if everyone will have a resolution except our two leaders. As if history will repeat itself even after all they have learned...

      Please be gentle with us next chapter.

      Delete
  5. Posted this on fanficfion.net just now, but wanted to post here! Great work!

    I’ve been reading since 2003, and I’m So thankful for these chapters. I read this when it first came out, and was struck by wanting to re read it (as I often do between new chapters). I especially LOVE this last conversation between Sakura and Syaoran. You really have their banter and quips down to a great rhythm. I’m curious what comes next- i loved this last scene so much that I hope the next chapter pick up where this one left off- I don’t want their night to end!

    Part of me predicts that some journalist will be wandering the streets, see them and they’ll end up in the morning news in a compromising photo and have to explain it to everyone. I can dream!

    I am very excited for this upcoming festival. I am more and more ready for Sakura and Syaoran to have an honest conversation about their feelings, or for Sakura to really instigate a move forward for them instead of freezing up/ being interrupted, and this chapter seemed to be a good bridge to that moment. At this point, it seems like they are at a place where they are running out of reasons not to be together.

    Thank you again for writing this story! I am so excited for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete